Thursday, March 28, 2013

Saturation point

People might talk about reaching the point of "saturation" whilst collecting data.  Right now, I am at the point of saturation in preparing for my comp exam!  I bet there are other people out there who know what I mean.  Have you ever been studying for an (more traditional, maybe multiple choice/short answer/essay) exam and you just can't study anymore, even if you feel like you should read something else, try to memorize something else, etc?  That is me right now.  I feel like I have a good handle on my reading list and some arguments that I am developing with respect to the literature.  However, there were a few readings that I either didn't look at or didn't read closely (that happened to me with my last comp-- again, my list was too long then and is now).  I'm just at the point where I can't do any more!  I spoke with one of my exam committee members today.  She thinks I will do fine; none of the questions will be a surprise; I won't be citing everything on my long list.  Still.  Maybe it will do my brain good to take (even at least a semi) break over this holiday weekend.  Can't wait for 10 a.m., April 9th when this thing will be done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment