Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The anticlimactic finishing of the draft

Yes, I just finished the draft of my final dissertation chapter.  I don't know, but it's weird.   I don't feel all that excited.  I think part of it has to do with the "unknown" that is still out there.  What will my advisor think of all of this?  Will I have to do a million revisions?  And of course, what of the other committee members who I haven't spoken with in over a year?  Do my findings really make that big of a contribution? Part of me feels like they're just going to say, "who cares?" Plus, I'm just feeling downright tired today.  And, my mind has started swirling (already) with all the stuff I have to do to get ready for the fall semester.  After all, in a little over a month, everything is going to start up full swing, and it's not like I've gotten a break from all stuff work related anyways.


I really should feel some sort of relief, and I should at least be a little proud of myself.  But, it's just not there.  I'm also afraid to post on Facebook about it.  I guess I'm just afraid that I'm going to jinx myself.  Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment